Post-judgment issues occur when a divorce or paternity order has been entered, but a party believes the order needs to be modified somehow. Typically, post-judgment issues involve changing a child’s custody or placement arrangement. Issues may also include modifying a maintenance amount, child support amount, or in the rare case, modifying a property order based on a somebody’s intentional misrepresentation to a court.

Modifying orders can be challenging, and the hurdles to modify judgments established by Wisconsin law can be high. It is important that motions filed to modify orders prove to the court that re-examining the existing order is necessary.

If you are in a situation facing a post-judgment issue, contact us and we can talk about your situation.